Macintosh. !

About Me

Madhukar
Hello readers..! hope you enjoy my posts !!! Link exchangers are welcome
View my complete profile

HowTo uninstall iTunes 7

Sunday, March 23, 2008



I was in a position where I hated iTunes 7 and wanted to revert back to iTunes 6. With the help of McSkywalker (in the 'Applications' forum), I was successful in uninstalling 7 and reinstalling 6. Here's what I did but take note that I didn't backup my music database (since I really didn't have that much music to worry about).

1) removed iTunes folder from "Music" -- again, didn't care about the db

2) Fire up 'Terminal' and make yourself root (su)

..issue this command,


rm -rf /Applications/iTunes.app


3) cd [change directory in Terminal] to /Library/Receipts

..and issue these commands,

rm -rf iTunes.pkg


rm -rf iTunesX.pkg


4) Reinstall 6!

thumbsup_anim.gif

Finally, for those of you looking for iTunes 6, here's the link for it.

0 comments: